Native 5.3 port of OpenOffice?

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bgnett.no
Mon Jan 3 22:40:30 PST 2005

Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> writes:

> Yes, it's in the ports tree.  I don't think we've ever included a
> linux openoffice port - are you perhaps thinking of staroffice, for
> which a freebsd binary is not produced by sun?

There's been quite a few reports of people having trouble getting past
the java tools install which is needed to build the port. Unless that
challence is interesting in itself, it's probably more convenient to
download and install a binary package from somewhere in the general
direction of http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.4/index.html