xorg/dri-6.2_1,2 upgrade problems

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Jan 3 19:56:43 PST 2005

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 07:49:43PM +0000, Ned Harrison wrote:

> >CPUTYPE=athlon-xp
> >CFLAGS=  -O2 -pipe -fschedule-insns2 -fomit-frame-pointer
> >-funroll-loops
> >COPTFLAGES=-O2 -pipe -funroll-loops -fschedule-insns2
>
> It turned out to be the kdemultimedia package.  It would not update nor could
> I build it from the ports.  I wiped it out with pkg_delete -f.  Can't play my
> tunes but I'm back on line!  :-)

This is usually because of a conflict with some other
already-installed piece of software (perhaps even an earlier version
of kde or one of its support library).  The way to fix it is to:

* Carefully check /usr/ports/UPDATING and follow relevant advice

* Make sure all installed ports are up-to-date (portupgrade -a)

* Make sure that you don't have random stale files installed (see
pkg_which(1))

Kris