freebsd training/certification

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sun Jan 2 17:01:07 PST 2005

Jayton Garnett wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if there are any training/certification courses that I
> could take to become a FreeBSD guru?
>
> I have been using the OS for over a year now and have become very
> familiar with installation/configuration but would like to be able to
> add some sort of certification to my CV.
> Also how much of a "threat" is Solaris 10 x86 to FreeBSD and how come
> FreeBSD is not as popular as RH/Fedora?
>
> Thanks,
> Jayton Garnett

... come to think of it... This has to be a troll. Let's ponder this...

The user states, "I have been using the OS for over a year now", Hmmm
seems to me that the user should KNOW the answer to, "and how come
FreeBSD is not as popular as RH/Fedora?"

In addition - using it for a year now, this would make one think that
the user would have read the cert thread of not even a month ago.

But let's really notice how the user unfolds the message. Starts off
nice, curious to a point and even showing that the user wishes to
possibly contribute to the foundation as a whole.

Once the user "softens" the audience, delivers the one-two punch tactic
  of the evil creature known as a troll. However, this one don't look
like Shrek

... Just my comical way of looking at things.

--
Best regards,
Chris

A budget is spending $15.00 on gas to drive to a
shopping mall to save $4.30 on a 20 pound turkey.