java question.

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sun Jan 2 16:06:48 PST 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 10:57:17PM +0100, Jorn Argelo wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 13:15:31 -0800, Gary Kline wrote
> > On both my 4.10 system (this one: tao) and one on my
> > 	5.3 platforms, I'm *finally* using jdk14.  Can I free
> > 	up the linux-sun-jdk14 binary and space and yet be
> > 	able to build/rebuild everything Java??
>
> Well, I can't say for sure. You have to make sure that your system is indeed
> using the proper executable and the proper libs. If you have things mixed you
> can have a serious problem.
>
> AFAIK everything is put in /compat/linux ... so deinstalling it wouldn't bring
> in too much problem. However, unless you have serious disk space problems, I
> can't see why risk to break stuff if it is not needed.

	Thanks.  On my laptop that's currently being ports-upgraded
	I have seen /compat/linux complaints (mostly re mozilla).
	I *think* future Java builds will work and java will work
	from the browser... but better to be safe than bashing my
	head :)

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix