DNS problems - slow to resolve

David Daugherty david.daugherty at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 07:22:42 PST 2005

I'm running BIND 9 for my own DNS and I'm connecting to the Internet
through cable modem. In my named.conf I have a forwarders section
where I put the IPs for my ISPs DNS. Since my connection to the ISP is
DHCP how can I determine the DNS IPs that have been assigned? I don't
see it when man'ing ifconfig.

Are there tools/commands I can use to determine the resolution time
that my lookups are taking? A lot of my web browser requests are
timing out (name lookups) and I have to keep hitting refresh until it
finally resolves.

--
Doc

david.daugherty at gmail.com
317.536.1858

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do
nothing."
   - Edmund Burke