courier-imap installation

David Kelly dkelly at HiWAAY.net
Sat Jan 1 16:03:17 PST 2005

On Jan 1, 2005, at 4:03 PM, Danny MacMillan wrote:

>> configured properly when it was prepared as a port. I would just
>
> It was installed properly, but quite a few ports require some post-
> install configuration, especially on the server side.

Somebody should have mentioned this by now:
http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200308/courier-imap.html

I don't fully understand it but found instructions somewhere in the
courier-imap package to add this line to /etc/rc.conf:

courier_imap_imapd_enable=YES

In short I did and it does.

Now what I'd like to do is cure these messages flooding
/var/log/maillog:

Jan  1 17:52:14 Opus imapd: Error: Input/output error
Jan  1 17:52:14 Opus imapd: Check for proper operation and configuration
Jan  1 17:52:14 Opus imapd: of the File Access Monitor daemon (famd).

Saw where fam (thats what its called on FreeBSD) likes/needs inetd
running and an entry in /etc/inetd.conf. Everything else runs OK w/o
inetd so I'd like to continue to do without.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net