Good General Purpose Text Markup Language

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Sat Jan 1 13:29:44 GMT 2005

I'm looking for a good way to be able to markup text strings stored in a
database for displaying text in bold or other highlights and links to
other docs.  I'm thinking some kind of sgml or xml markup language would
be best.  I want a generic way to add it so it can be converted to many
other forms besides html.  I'll need paragraphs, bold, italics,
superscripts for TM, and hyperlinks, but probably not much more.  I've
thought about using a minimal subset of xhtml so it can easily be
converted to other forms, but I've heard of linuxdoc and whatever
freebsd uses might be better.  Any recommendations?

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C