Something wrong in stable 5.3?

Eugene M. Minkovskii emin at mccme.ru
Sat Jan 1 13:21:08 GMT 2005

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 05:44:51AM -0600, Nikolas Britton wrote:
" Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
"
" >On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Tom Connolly wrote:
" >
" >>Eugene M. Minkovskii wrote:
" >>
" >>>Hi!
" >>>
" >>>I'm confusing now: about a month ago I have upgrated from FreeBSD
" >>>5.2.1 to stable 5.3. Since this moment strange things have been
" >>>happens on my PC. Usually system works Ok, and can be run as long as
" >>>I need without errors. But sometime, (after a little time after the
" >>>boot) all begin crashed (core dump --- signal 11). Crashed base
" >>>utility, like `cat', `sh' etc.
" >>>
" >>>Today I have cvsup'ed to stable 5.3 again, and build world again, but
" >>>problem don't go away.
" >>>
" >>>I don't understand what I should do to detect source of problem...
" >>>
" >>>Have you any idea?
" >>
" >>
" >>Check the power supply.
" >
" >... and your hard disk. You have some kind of hardware problem.
" >
" >Regards,
" >
" >Uli.
" >
" What do you mean by "stable 5.3" if you are tracking 5-STABLE (RELENG_5)
" then this could be the problem. If you are change cvsup to RELENG_5_3
" and try again, if you are tracking RELENG_5_3 then yes I'd say it was a
" hardware problem too. Power supply, Ram, or something overheating are
" likely suspects for "random" problems.

Thanks, may problem not in hard or fan. Because 5.2.1 I using
whell. About stable 5.3 I mean tag=RELENG_5 So do you mean
RELENG_5 and RELENG_5_3are different branches?

--
Sensory  yours, Eugene  Minkovskii
Сенсорно ваш,   Евгений Миньковский