Share connection with PF

Bachelier Vincent vincent_bachelier at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 28 16:04:15 GMT 2005

Ok, I have found THE solution :d
Yes, we can share connection with only one card !

The method:

Setup a card for the public address,
set an alias => 192.168.0.1 for example

set gateway_enable=YES in rc.conf
reload routing

ok, now here my PF file:
ext_if="rl0"
int_ip="192.168.0.0/24"
ext_ip="82.66.171.150"

no nat on $ext_if from $int_ip to $int_ip
nat on $ext_if from $int_ip to any -> $ext_ip

pass in all
pass out all

This Work !

We don't nat from local network to local network
and we nat all other !

Then all work fine

Of course this can be only use with a computer with one card, a switch and the connection on the switch

It's better with 2 cards, but possible with one !

See ya

--
Vincent Bachelier <vincent_bachelier at yahoo.fr>
Language    : Francais / English
Societ(e/y) : Solintech - http://www.solintech.fr - Serveurs linux
Blog        : http://dieghostfbsd.blogspot.com
Site perso  : http://www.solintech.fr/freebsd/ - FreeBSD Donjon

Citation (fortune):

	During a grouse hunt in North Carolina two intrepid sportsmen
were blasting away at a clump of trees near a stone wall.  Suddenly a
red-faced country squire popped his head over the wall and shouted,
"Hey, you almost hit my wife."
	"Did I?"  cried the hunter, aghast.  "Terribly sorry.  Have a
shot at mine, over there."