JDK15 and JDK14 for Firefox and OpenOffice.

BSD Mail bsdmail at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 23:54:27 GMT 2005

Greetings, I've installed /usr/ports/java/jdk15 then installed
/usr/ports/www/firefox
I'm not really sure why Firefox didn't detect that I have JDK15
installed. Also Later I'm
going to install OpenOffice. In OO website
http://porting.openoffice.org/freebsd/ seems they
want to have JDK14. My question is the following:

1. If for some reason OpenOffice can't use JDK15 and it needs JDK14
can I still keep JDK15 installed or that would cause a conflict ?

2. What am I missing with Firefox ? If JDK15 doesn't work with Firefox
I wil install JKD14, although I thought it should work and be detected
by the browser. Do I have to do any linking or specifying a path for
the plugin ? If so please elaborate.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,