Matlab on FreeBSD 5.3

cali calculus at softhome.net
Sun Feb 27 11:37:28 GMT 2005

I've tried installing Matlab 13 on FBSD5.3 according to the handbook but I
can't get it to work. This is pretty annoying since it cost a lot of money.
I was really stupid, in that, I had a years technical support from
Mathwords, but kind of gave up because their suggestions got me nowhere and
it was quicker just to use a pirated copy on windows than follow their
suggestions when really that was the perfect opportunity to continually
badger them; since I was paying for it they were obliged to respond...

The problem is the license manager as far as I can tell, I can't seem to get
it to start.

OK, there are a lot of different pieces of information I could post at this
point, but I'm not sure which are most relevant. So, first of all, I think a
sensible question I should ask is this:

Has anyone on this list got Matlab 13 (aka 6.5) running on FBSD5.3? If so,
did you do this by following the instructions in the handbook verbatim, or
some other way?

thanks

cali