Different OS's? Marketshare

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 24 05:46:10 GMT 2005

Mike Hauber writes:

> Found the thread...  Have you tried installing an older version?

No, but most of the problems I saw in my research were on 4.x or older
versions.  This version (5.3) seems to run fine once it's up; the only
problem is getting the machine to boot it.  Also, I'm getting those
weird SCSI disk errors.

> Well...  There's a lot of options available.  Personally, I prefer
> something like blackbox for administrative logins.  It's _very_
> lightweight and (like all things should be), you pretty much
> build it from the ground up.

What do you mean by building it from the ground up?

What do I get when I type startx by default?  It looks extremely simple,
whatever it is, just a few simple windows in green borders on a rather
irritating gray crosshatched background.

--
Anthony