clamd after upgrade to 0.83

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.com
Wed Feb 23 19:15:06 GMT 2005

After doing a portupgrade of clamd from 0.81 to 0.83, the service reports
that it is not running using 'clamav-clamd.sh status'.

esmtp# cd /usr/local/etc
esmtp# rc.d/clamav-clamd.sh status
clamav_clamd is not running.
esmtp# ps -ax|grep clam
  781  ??  Ss     0:10.96 /usr/local/sbin/clamd

However, all seems to be fine, postfix 2.1.5, amavisd-new and clamd all
seem to be running and Webmin reports them all as running.

Any thoughts or something I should know regarding the upgrading? I checked
/usr/ports/UPDATING, but nothing regarding this. All conf files are
reflecting the new settings.

--
Robert