Mindterm and SSH

sn1tch dot.sn1tch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 14:02:31 GMT 2005

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the use of the Mindterm applet on a site
sitting on my bsd machine. I have it setup and everything runs great,
except for when it comes time to login via the applet. Mindterm, upon
entering my username, abruptly responds "Authentication method
'password' not supported by server". I went into the sshd_config and
changed the 'passwordauthentication' to yes and it now asks me for my
password (which it never did before) and I get my shell. Now firstly,
is this an option I want to leave on? Or is there a better way of
going about this? Please forgive the ignorance but I hope this is the
right list to post to.

Thanks in advance for any help.