Error in port upgrade (was Re: portmanager hosed)

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 05:53:47 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 08:52 pm, Brian John wrote:

Brian, I can't send this to you as a patch because it would
conflict with the last pr I submitted so I need you to do it this
way instead:

cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portmanager
make deinstall
make clean
make patch
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portmanager/work/portmanager-0.2.6/libPMGR/src
ee PMGRrUpgrade.c
scroll down to line 271and change:

assert(0);

continue;

cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portmanager
make install clean

Then let me know how it goes.  If this works for you I'll be adding it
in the next change, I haven't been able to duplicate this on my machine
so right now you are my only hope of fixing this bug.

-Mike