Wireless PCMIA problems

Lars Hederidder coder at worldwidewhat.dk
Tue Feb 15 19:07:07 GMT 2005

I've tryed to use the Windows driver, but it doesn't seem to
work. I did the following:

# cd /usr/src/sys/modules/ndis/
# make && make install
# cd ../if_ndis/
# cp /cdrom/driver/* ./
# ndiscvt -i ./netwpx96.inf -s ./wlpx96e.sys -o ndis_driver_data.h
# make && make install
# kldload ndis
# kldload if_ndis

When running dmesg there are no ndis0 to be found in the list.
The only data linked to the card is the following:
pccard0: <unknown card> (manufacturer=0x0101, product=0x0696) at function 0
pccard0:    CIS info: 3Com, 3CRSHPW_96 Wireless LAN PC Card, (null)

Regards
Lars