Instead of freebsd.com, why not...

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sun Feb 13 08:22:35 GMT 2005

On Feb 13, 2005, at 12:57 AM, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC writes:
>
>> Maybe companies who support MS or other proprietary software
>> can't as they don't have the source.  But support companies that
>> support open source can very easily fix problems -- they have the
>> source and the license to use it
>
> Unfortunately, their fix makes the software non-standard.  You need to
> be able to roll fixes into the official release.

?????  What the heck does this mean?  I would bet that most larger
installations of Linux or FreeBSD or any other open source OS would be
considered non-standard.  Heck, I bet YOUR installation of FreeBSD
could be considered non-standard.  Your statement  make absolutely no
sense.

If the fix that you decry is a reasonable fix, who says it can't be
rolled back into an "official" release.  This is open source after all.

Chad