bsd.port.mk problems => make failing for all ports

freebsd at drseuk.f2s.com freebsd at drseuk.f2s.com
Sat Feb 12 18:02:44 GMT 2005

Hi,

Problem solved! Here's the explanation for anyone else hitting similar problems.

pkg_info (called by make) was signal 11 segfaulting which is what caused the
malformed conditionals (at line 2049) in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk as
PKGINSTALLVER was not being defined (at line 2047).

As mentioned earlier I'd noticed that telnet had stopped working too.

comparing

ldd `which pkg_info`

and

ldd `which telnet`

showed that (apart from the libc's), only libcrypto.so.3 was shared between
these two and therefore must have become corrupted.

The solution was a bit brute force (but with make not working I had little
choice) - namely pull down a binary base distribution, cat all the base.aa,
base.ab etc. files together, untar them and copy libcrypto.so.3 back.

Luckily it worked.

Thanks Kris and others for your help