configuring Squid as a Transparent proxy in BSD with ipfw

Diego Camarena González kendo_2 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 23:09:04 GMT 2005

Does anyone knows how can i configure Squid as a Transparent proxy
using IPFW assuming that i have already configured Squid with Samba
authentication.
I've configure Squid that allow users to log on pages using their smb
account but i have to configure every computer on my Lan to connect to
the proxy server. How can i configure IPFW and Squid to work as a
trasnparent proxy to work on every computer authenticating samba users
in my lan that uses internet explorer.
Net interfaces:
xl0 : 10.254.254.253  --- LAN ip
xl1 : 172.21.14.253    --- This ip is used to make the SMB
authentication and get the internet connection
Requeriments:
OS: FreeBSD 5.2
Authentication module: smb_auth
Firewall: IPFW
Could anyone please send me a configuration that has been proved or any
idea? i have already read the FAQ about squid transparent proxy but any
of the configurations works with samba authentication and IPFW

{#358;#373;#65155;#321;#1602;#65155;#1106;#354;}