Please don't change Beastie to another crap logo such as NetBSD!!!

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 11 14:51:55 PST 2005

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC writes:

> You ask a dumb question, get such an answer.

Be sure to tell the CIOs that.  That'll do wonders for adoption of
FreeBSD.

> You make assumptions that just because someone is paying someone to
> work on FreeBSD that no one has thought of the copyright implications.

Because I know that it happens regularly.  Geeks usually know nothing
about copyright and think that they are above copyright law.

> The people running the FreeBSD project are smarter than that.

Then they are also smarter than the people running Microsoft, IBM,
Adobe, Apple, Sun, and many other multibillion-dollar companies, all of
which have regular problems with copyright and patent law.  The
difference is that these large companies can afford to defend themselves
in court (and even then they sometimes lose).

> And I am not your errand-boy.  If you are seriously worried about this,
> then you need to  make the investment necessary to clear your mind on
> the issue.  Asking other people to do so is arrogant.

I'm trying to keep people from shooting themselves in the feet.  Why is
there always such hostility towards this?

--
Anthony