Please don't change Beastie to another crap logo such as NetBSD!!!

Paul Mather paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu
Fri Feb 11 21:45:01 GMT 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:04:34 -0600, "Andrew L. Gould"
<algould at datawok.com> wrote:

> On Friday 11 February 2005 08:14 am, Dag-Erling Smrgrav wrote:
> > cpghost at cordula.ws writes:
> > > Imagine Linux dropping Tux for some meanlingless, lifeless logo?
> >
> > I'm glad you asked.
> >
> > Tux is a mascot, not a logo.  These are Linux logos:
> >
> > http://images.slashdot.org/topics/topiccaldera.gif
> > http://images.slashdot.org/topics/topicdebian.gif
> > http://images.slashdot.org/topics/topicmandrake.gif
> > http://images.slashdot.org/topics/topicredhat.gif
> > http://images.slashdot.org/topics/topicsuse.gif
> > http://images.slashdot.org/topics/topicturbolinux.gif
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > DES
>
> No Slackware?  In my opinion, Slackware has the widest deviation in
> professionalism between their logo and mascot.
>
> logo(s):
> http://slackware.com/grfx/shared/logo.png
> http://store.slackware.com/images/nav/s_topleft.png
>
> mascot (pipe-smoking penguin):
> http://store.slackware.com/cgi-bin/store/slacklapel?id=E844B2UK:mv_pc=379

Quite a deviation indeed, especially considering their mascot is an
obvious nod to the Church of the SubGenius (http://www.subgenius.com):
the true purveyors of SLACK!

;-)

Cheers,

Paul.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"Throw this posting against the wall RIGHT NOW!"
        --- J. R. "Bob" Dobbs