Please don't change Beastie to another logo such asNetBSD!!!

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 10 23:07:58 PST 2005

Bob Johnson writes:

> I work in an office largely populated by born-again Christians, and some
> of them very definitely object to the BSD logo.  Even after I explained
> the  "daemon" thing, they still didn't think BSD should use "The Devil"
> as its logo.

It doesn't help that some people use "devil" and "daemon"
interchangeably.  Daemons were originally morally neutral entities; the
Devil (or devils in generally) have been mostly evil creatures
throughout history.  Of course, Judeo-Christian tradition turned daemons
into fundamentally evil creatures (instead of just metaphysical
helpers), too.

--
Anthony