Please don't change Beastie to another crap logo suchasNetBSD!!!

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Thu Feb 10 22:30:56 PST 2005

Louis,

  There is a difference between deliberately making people feel bad and
offending people.  The PC movement originally started with the noble
idea that people should not try to deliberately make other people
unhappy.  This idea works very well with young children, and I must
admit that I agree with it.

  The problem is that when certain individuals get older, they start
to believe that when someone does something that they don't approve of,
that has no effect on their lives in any way, shape or form,
that somehow it hurts them.  For example Ashcroft was certain that when
2 gays somewhere got married, that he suffered personal injury.  It is
these people who have perverted the PC doctorine into something along
the lines of "well you 2 fags are getting married only to get me
so upset that I cannot ever get an erection again, so I'm justified
in taking a club to you and beating your brains in"

Beastie became the FreeBSD Project's logo for many reasons, liking
it was only one of them.  However never at any time did this happen
just to spite fundies.  Nor does use of this logo affect fundies on
a personal level, they aren't required to look at it if they run
FreeBSD, nor are they required to talk about it.  Therefore it is a
perversion of the politically correct doctorine for fundies to claim
that use of Beastie isn't politically correct.

It is just like the breastfeeding in public debate.  It is a sad state of
affairs in this country today when states have had to pass laws
(like NY did) that specifically permit a woman to flop out her tit to
feed a hungry child, because the fundies think that seeing a tit
somehow harms them.

Ted