Question

.:PBS:. Medik Medik at pbsclan.com
Wed Feb 9 11:30:10 PST 2005

Thank you for replying so quickly.

And to further tell you my problem here goes:
I installed my copy of 4.6.2 cleanly on a machine, to avoid having to find
myself looking for more ports and programs to install I did a complete
installation without bothering with the configuration of Xwindows ( as I
will be accessing this box from SSH on a windows machine) so I don't need
the XFREE86 or however its called, hehe. So in essence this is all being
fine tuned by remote on LAN.

To answer your question about whether I'm downloading .iso, no I did that
for the first copy of the OS only and made a cd copy from windows yes. But
all further ports I grab are *.tar.gz straight from Apache.org yes and then
ftp'd into my bsd box. I can unzip them fine then I'm stuck with the tar to
which I believe I 'untared' it correctly that now I have an apache_1.3.33
folder, which to me seems fine, but I don't believe I put it in the right
directory tree.

Also I have printed out the better part of the FBSD handbook, but right now
I think I'm having an info overload. I've been at this for roughly 2 weeks
now, out of stubbornness I didn't wish to disturb anyone with this, but my
buddy who tutored me way back when has since gone away.

I can supply you with more info if you wish, as this is perhaps only the
tip of my iceburg.. :)
Thanks again,

-Marc