maybe slightly OT - web content management kits

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Tue Feb 8 15:01:20 PST 2005

I know this might be slightly OT, but I really only want to ask this
question to those that use and maintain websites on FreeBSD anyway.  So
please overlook the OT post.

I'm trying to find a good website management system.  Content
management.  I'm running Apache 2.0 with (among others) mod_perl2, (perl
5.8.6) and Jakarta Tomcat 5.0.

I don't have mod_php installed, and I'd just as soon not install it if I
don't have to.  If it's the best option, then I'll bite the bullet.  I'd
also like to stick with the server versions I already have installed.

I've noticed slash in the ports, but it really wants Apache 1.3.x - as
do many other similar apps in the ports.  Many others I've found also
want mod_php.

What I'm asking for is recommendations from people who have used and/or
maintained multiple such packages on FreeBSD, what they thought about
them.  Also, if anyone knows of any similar kits written in JSP, I'd be
interested in checking them out.

Finally, the server setup I have.  I know I'm running pretty close to
the bleeding edge, but are there any of these packages out there that
are ok on Apache 2.0?

Thanks in advance.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

Did you know that if you took all the economists in the world and lined
them up end to end, they'd still point in the wrong direction?