Failed Install Gigabyte motherboard w/RAID

Richard Blanchard richard at badlandsfab.com
Tue Feb 8 11:45:22 PST 2005

Hello,
	I have been trying to install FreeBSD on my machine with a new
motherboard with built in hardware RAID and the installation freezes at
system probing. Is there a known way around this problem? The motherboard
is a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 (Rev 2.0). I have configured two Seagate 160GB
IDE drives for RAID 1, have a PCI video card and PCI modem installed. I
also tried to install the operating system with the RAID turned off and
one hard drive on IDE 0 but the installation also failed. Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Richard Blanchard

--
Richard Blanchard