make buildworld broke

lists lists at haubworld.org
Tue Feb 8 11:18:58 PST 2005

I had a box crash and I got it up again. I lost some information  in / and
/etc.
After some reconstructing, it seems to be running fine and all the services
are working. I wanted to do
a buildworld just to update anything I might have missed. When I try, I
always get a stop error. How can
I get my buildworld back, I dont want to take the box offline for long. I
also need to add another proc to it,
which means I need to add smp support, which I can't currently do. What is
the best course of action for me from
here? Am I overlooking something simple?
FreeBSD  5.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE #0:

TIA