dell poweredge servers

anatolytyukanov at tochka.ru anatolytyukanov at tochka.ru
Tue Feb 8 07:11:12 PST 2005

hey Mark,

Im using CURRENT on 2650 w/o any problems, aac works fine.
There was some problem with ACPI (which lead to hang) on some PE series
box'es but now I suppose its okay.

Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:14:42 -0800
From: "Mark A. Garcia" <mag at hamletinc.com>
Subject: Re: dell poweredge servers
To: David.Bear at asu.edu
Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
charset=us-ascii; format=flowed David Bear wrote:

 >>I was looking at the support hardware list for Fbsd 5.x and could find
 >>no mention of the PERC3-DI scsi controller.. so I was wondering if
 >>anyone has used a dell poweredge 2650, and what your experience was
 >>running Freebsd 4.X and 5.x on it.

I've been running FBSD 4.7 since Apr 2003 on a PE2650 with the PERC3-DI
controller.

I haven't had any problem setting it up.

Just make sure you leave the device aac option in your kernel config.

Cheers,
-.mag