Change Apache version string

Teejay Teodoro teejay at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:03:30 PST 2005

If you wanna be more 'adventurous', you could even use ModSecurity[0].
To change you Apache server 'string' to... let's say... IIS? Here's
the rule...

   # Change Server: string
   SecServerSignature "Microsoft-IIS/2.0 (Unix)"

Have fun. It's easy to learn and to fiddle around with.

[0] www.modsecurity.org

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 14:59:19 -0700, Pat Maddox <pergesu at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got mod_php installed as well as mod_jk, so whenever there's a
> 404 Apache displays
> Apache/2.0.52 (FreeBSD) PHP/4.3.10 mod_jk/1.2.6
>
> I'm not sure if I'm being overly paranoid, but I don't really like the
> fact that all that info gets displayed.  Is there any way I can change
> Apache's version string, like I can with any ftp or smtp daemon?

teejay teodoro
teejay[at]gmail[dot]com