Leaving a Computer Running ?

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Sat Feb 5 14:55:18 PST 2005

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 05:45:25PM -0500, Peterhin wrote:

> Is it better to leave a computer (a stand alone) running continuously or
> is it OK to shut it down at the end of the day.?
> I remember years ago someone mentioned that it is better for the
> circuitry to leave it running.
> Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

It depends on how long it is going to be turned off.  If it is just an
hour or two it is probably better to keep it running, but if it is
overnight it is probably better to turn it off.

Also keep in mind that if you leave the computer running all the time
it will show up on your electricity bill, so if you wish to save power
you should shut down your computer over night.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se