Expected too much?

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 4 15:11:44 PST 2005

Gustavo Cevallos writes:

GC> I downloaded and installed FreeBSD 5.3 on a computer.  I go past the login
GC> and password stage. Can I go to a full graphics mode? How?

UNIX doesn't have a "full-graphics mode," although you can install and
enable software that runs under UNIX and provides a graphic user
interface similar to that of Windows or the Mac.

First, however, it might be profitable to go into full library mode and
read a book about UNIX.  Most operating systems, UNIX included, do not
have graphic user interfaces as their native interaction modes.

--
Anthony