Simple questions, MAKE_ARGS in pkgtools.conf

Nikolas Britton freebsd at nbritton.org
Thu Feb 3 07:08:15 PST 2005

Nikolas Britton wrote:

> Michael C. Shultz wrote:
>

>> If you put the following in /etc/make.conf:
>>
>>      .if ${.CURDIR:M*/multimedia/mplayer}
>>      WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=yes WITHOUT_RUNTIME_CPUDETECTION=yes \
>>      WITH_GTK1=yes WITH_RTC=yes WITH_LIBUNGIF=yes WITH_ARTS=yes \
>>      WITH_FRIBIDI=yes WITH_CDPARANOIA=yes WITH_LIBDV=yes        \
>>      WITH_MAD=yes WITH_SVGALIB=yes WITH_AALIB=yes WITH_THEORA=yes    \
>>      WITH_SDL=yes WITH_ESOUND=yes WITH_VORBIS=yes WITH_XANIM=yes     \
>>      WITH_LIVEMEDIA=yes WITH_MATROSKA=yes WITH_XVID=yes WITH_LZO=yes \
>>      WITH_XMMS=yes WITH_LANG=en
>>      .endif
>>
>> Then only mplayer will be built with the above options.  You can do
>> the same for any other port, then wether you run portmanager,
>> portupgrade or manually install mplayer it will always be built with
>> the above settings.
>>

> Thanks Mike I think I'll use this but I'm still unsure if I need to
> list every option for a port, even if I don't care about them, or just
> leave them out and the options I want will just be appended to the
> other port build options, for example the options for www/horde:
>
> .if ${.CURDIR:M*/www/horde}
> WITH_APACHE2=no WITH_PHP5=no WITHOUT_SUPPORTED_DB=no WITHOUT_MYSQL=yes
> WITH_POSTGRESQL=yes \
> WITHOUT_IMAP=no WITHOUT_LDAP=no WITHOUT_FTP=no WITHOUT_MCAL=yes
> WITH_IMSP=no \
> WITHOUT_FILEINFO=no WITHOUT_GD=no WITHOUT_ZLIB=no WITH_MAGICK=no
> WITHOUT_ICONV=no \
> WITHOUT_MBSTRING=no WITHOUT_WV=no WITHOUT_XL=no WITHOUT_GEOIP=no
> WITHOUT_SW=no \
> WITHOUT_WEBCPP=no WITH_SRCHIGH=no WITH_ENSCRIPT=no WITH_RPM=no
> WITH_DEB=no
> .endif
>
> The only options I care about are:
>
> .if ${.CURDIR:M*/www/horde}
> WITHOUT_MYSQL=yes WITH_POSTGRESQL=yes WITHOUT_MCAL=yes
> .endif
>
> Can I leave out all the crap I don't care about, just taking the
> defaults for them, and the options I want will be appended to the
> port? Is there something simple I'm just not getting? I spent most of
> the day reading the man pages for make, make.conf, ports, the make
> tutorial, and everything I could fine online about ports, portupgrade,
> etc. but nothing has help on how to automate port upgrading with only
> the options I care about. This has got to be something simple thats
> just not clicking in my head.

Ok that was a bad example and I think things starting to click, all
those options don't need to be set to no because they would never get
set to begin with. but for example php4 sets WITH_IP6 to yes automaticly
with a menu, would I set it to no to disable it? It is this part,
dealing with menu's in the Makefile/port when BATCH=yes is set. I don't
understand how to deal with the ports like that when automating port
upgrades. do the menu options that are normaly on in the menu get set to
yes when you use the BATCH thing? do I have to manually set them? what
do I do?