umass stability 5.3 versus 4.10

Gregor Mosheh stigmata_blackangel at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 15:09:17 PST 2005

I've written to the list several times in regards to
my USB external hard drive. In summary: Under 4.10 it
worked fine for 5 months and then mysteriously it quit
working.

The documentation I found for ehci+umass (albeit
3-year-old docs) implied that ehci was "not completely
stable", and its omission until 4.10 (and my own
experience with it) makes me believe that.

My question, though, is: Is ehci+umass considered
"production quality" under 5.3?