Questions about Cyrus/SASL with postgress

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at withagen.nl
Wed Feb 2 07:38:57 PST 2005

Hi,

[Ports is not the appropriate place for the question I know, so please
feel free to redirect me to a workable list/group/forum/.... on this topic.]

I've inherited such a config of which the basic domain has changed.
Now basic things still work, but creating new useraccounts fail on:

Login failed: authentication failure at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/mach/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
Please login first at /root/imapcreate.pl line 72.

and in the logfile:
Feb  2 16:28:11 mail1 imap[86468]: :11 pwcheck: admin Failed to login.
Feb  2 16:28:11 mail1 imap[86468]: badlogin: localhost [::1] plaintext
admin SASL(-13): authentication failure: checkpass failed

Even more worrying is is the [::1] suggesting IPv6, which is not used by
this customer. although the interfaces do have inet6.

What is the easiest tool to check these authentications. And how do I
get my admin-loging back online ASAP.

Thanx,
--WjW