Help me

Pavel Duda element at email.cz
Fri Dec 30 14:33:57 PST 2005

Mohammed Arab wrote:
> Hi,
>

>   I would like to get some information from you regarding freebsd system,
> really is very confuse to know which one is stable system when i went to
> site i found many freebsd system one is called stable and another one is
> current and release. Can you please explain me on this topic and which one i
> have to choice. I am interesting to know everything about this system.

In short :
release - is something you want for your production system
stable - is something you can use too without much worry - it should be
"stable" right ? :-)
current - is for brave people who like to spend nights to figure out
what the hell is going on with their system and fight with all those
mysterious kernel panics..

For start you should use at least stable version, you can always mess up
  your system by switching to current :-D

> Also there is no GUI Graphics on freebsd and why I have manually install
> and configure video graphics also. can you help me and give me the
> instruction how to setup VGA CARD.

I think that you should start here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/
You will find there most answers to your questions and if something goes
wrong you can always come here for advice.

Welcome to FreeBSD world !!!

Pavel