New IDE drive in old PC

Gayn Winters gayn.winters at bristolsystems.com
Thu Dec 29 10:14:02 PST 2005

> On Behalf Of Gayn Winters

Chuck Swinger's caveat will apply to the above:

FreeBSD will use LBA addressing modes, even if your BIOS does not
support it.
However, to access a drive above 137GB, your hardware needs to support
48-bit LBA.

However, you can get a PCI ATA controller to do the job which is cheap
and
convenient, or simply update your MB to something newer...

--
-Chuck

-gayn

Bristol Systems Inc.