compat 5x libraries missnig after restart

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Wed Dec 28 16:17:48 PST 2005

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 22:01, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> On 28 Dec Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> > But why not put
> > compat_xx_enable="YES"
>
> There's more wrong to the script. I have compat5x_enable="YES" in
> /etc/rc.conf and the script start up, _BUT_ if I shut down (for whatever
> reason) I get this console msg question: "compat5x.sh running?"
>
> Strange, it _is_ running, so why is it not "seen"

Nothing is actually running, all the script actually does is run:

/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/compat

which adds all of the compatibility libraries installed by all of the compat
ports to a list of library locations. The old version simply had that one
line.  The error message is just a cosmetic problem.