Quick Install Question

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Tue Dec 27 10:42:45 PST 2005

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:21:26 -0500
Gerard Seibert <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:39:04 AM
> "Andrew L. Gould" <algould at datawok.com>
> Subject: Re: Quick Install Question
> Wrote these words of wisdom:
>
> > On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:13:30 -0600
> > "Daniel Goldberg" <dgoldberg at tarshis.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear FreeBSD-
> 	[..]
> >
> > 1. Install Windows first, in the first partition.  If you want
> > FreeBSD to be able to write to the Windows partition, use the fat32
> > format instead of NTFS. Do NOT create this partition to use the
> > entire disk as the FreeBSD installation does not include tools to
> > resize the existing Windows partition.
> >
> > 2. See more documentation regarding FreeBSD installation at:
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html
> >
> > Best of luck,
> >
> > Andrew Gould

Is the WinXP partition in the same computer that is running FreeBSD? Or
is the NTFS partition a shared directory on a separate WinXP computer?
(I was not aware that Samba could be used to read NTFS partitions
residing on a FreeBSD computer.)

The original poster wishes to dual boot WinXP and FreeBSD on the same
computer.

Andrew Gould