kern.mxdsiz option and ld-elf incompatibility

Xavier Otazu xotazu at cvc.uab.es
Thu Dec 22 02:00:00 PST 2005

	Hello:

	I am a newbie in FreeBSD. For the last days I am installing
FreeBSD 6.0 and the usual tools I use in Linux. I installed 'wine' and
it worked perfectly, but a problem appeared when changing a kernel boot
option.

	I defined  ' kern.maxdsiz="1500M" ' in the /boot/loader.conf
file in order to enlarge available data for my programs. My computer
has 750Mb physical RAM and 1521Mb swap space. When defining high
amounts of datasize using this kernel option, wine complains with a
"/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found". But when defining moderated amounts
of datasize, for example kern.maxdsiz="700M", it works fine.

	Is it a kernel bug, or do I have to tweak some other kernel
options?

Thanks in advance

Xavier