multiple racoon connections

Volker volker at vwsoft.com
Wed Dec 21 15:13:41 PST 2005

On 2005-12-21 13:01, szabszi at goodwill.hu wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I try to establish multiple connections with racoon/ipsec/gifX
> configuration.
> However, I can only establish 1 connection.
> I think racoon could manage multiple connections, but I don't know what
> should I do to get racoon working.
> I got FreeBSD 5.4 Stable.
>
> any idea?
>
> sz

sz,

racoon does nothing but the key exchange. If you're able to
establish one connection with IPSec, you should go with as many
connections as your CPU power is able to provide.

If you're looking for any help, you should post your setup and some
pieces of config files. Without that, anybody here may tell stories
but it won't help you. Possible reasons: racoon setup wrong,
firewall problem but most likey SPD typos.

I'm using IPSec tunnels between several gateway systems running
FreeBSD 5.4 and FreeBSD _is_ able to run more than one IPSec
connection at a time.

However I've experienced trouble while running gif tunnels through
an IPSec connection on FreeBSD 5.x (also tested on 6.x). The session
stalled as soon as more traffic went through the GIF tunnel. IPSec
itself worked fine.

Greetings,

Volker