upgrade then no ports

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 14:11:03 PST 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 14:04, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> On Monday 19 December 2005 14:00, steve lasiter wrote:
> > --- "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > upgrade

> > > and

> > > that

> > > through

> > > distribution

> > > I've

> > > no

> > > In your ports-sup file do you have this line?
> > >
> > > *default tag=.
> > >
> > > -Mike
> >
> > Michael,
> >
> > Yes, I have
> > *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_4
>
> Change it to *default release=cvs tag=.
> see man cvsup (note the ".")
>
> -Mike

Here is a better reference, the man page won't help you

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html

Warning: Be very careful to specify any tag= fields correctly. Some tags are
valid only for certain collections of files. If you specify an incorrect or
misspelled tag, CVSup will delete files which you probably do not want
deleted. In particular, use only tag=. for the ports-* collections.