TouchPoint on IBM Thinkpad works in console but not X

TuxGirl tuxgirl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 00:56:42 PST 2005

Pietro,

> Try modifing with these lines...
>
> option "Device" "/dev/psm0"
> option "Protocol" "auto"

I tried this, and it gave the following errors:
(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/psm0    Device busy.
(EE) Configured Mouse: cannot open input device
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Configured Mouse"
<repeat the above lines>
No core pointer
Fatal server error: failed to initialize core devices

lower down:
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
xauth: (argv):1: bad display name ".hsd1.ut.comcast.net.:0" in "remove" command

Wild guess here, but I'm thinking it might not be able to use it since
it's being used in the console.   I don't actually use the mouse in
the console, though, so if there's a way to stop using it there, and
just use it in X, I'd be happy to do that.  I'm not sure how I would
go about doing that, though.

I could be off on the wrong track, though.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
~Erin