TouchPoint on IBM Thinkpad works in console but not X

TuxGirl tuxgirl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 23:40:50 PST 2005

Hi,

When I'm in the console, my mouse works great --- no problems
whatsoever.  However, once I start X, if I just touch the touchpoint
once, the mouse runs off and hides in the upper right corner and
refuses to come out.

I'm sure that this is something with my xorg.conf, but I can't seem to
find it anywhere, and I'm quite stumped at this point.

I haven't been able to find anything about this in a quick check of
google, so I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas.  I started
working from an xorg.conf that I was using on this machine on Linux,
and I've been slowly modifying it to resolve the inconsistencies
between Linux and FreeBSD.

In the process of debugging, I've switched off all the X modules and
switched my driver from radeon to ati (at least in Linux, ati
generallly worked a bit easier, although radeon supported more of the
nice features).   I think I've got most of the unnecessary features
commented out, and it's still doing the same thing.  Here's the
uncommented sections that define the mouse:

Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier    "Configured Mouse"
      Driver        "mouse"
      Option       "Device"        "/dev/sysmouse"
      Option       "Protocol"      "PS/2"
EndSection

I'm including the full xorg.conf as an attachment in case that will help.

Thanks for all the help.  I'd appreciate being CC'd in the replies, as
I'm not on the list.

Thanks,
~Erin