PHP MySQL extensions problem

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 23:23:03 PST 2005

Jose Borquez wrote:

> Fatal error:* The required PHP MySQL extension is not installed.Please
> take a look at http://www.php.net for more information about installing
> this extension
>
> I did a pkg_info and it says I have php5-extensions-1.0 installed.  I
> even uninstalled them and installed them again with no luck.  I went to
> the php.net website, but found nothing on this problem.

php5-extensions is designed for you to be able to choose amongst all of
the available PHP extension modules.  It doesn't install anything much
itself but it depends on ports that do install the modules, depending on
what you select in the Options screen.

Options are sticky, and you only get asked to set them the first time you
install a port that uses them.  Run 'make config' for the port to change
your initial selections.

> Could someone please give me any pointers as to what I can do to resolve
> this?

Install the databases/php5-mysql port.

	Cheers,

	Matthew