Policy on the list

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Wed Dec 14 17:12:27 PST 2005

> Hi list,
> just a little question about how to behave on the list(s):
>
> is it correct / useful / polite to close a thread marking it as
> [solved] or something like this, or it's just a waste of time / space
> / .... ?
>
> I think it could be useful, so other people wanting to help don't
> waste time trying to give further advices, and people needing help in
> that subject can see that the problem has been solved.

I don't know the official list rule (guess I could go read it) but
I like to see a message noting something is solved and some info
 - a brief summary on how it was solved.   I don't think it is a
waste of time unless you go on and on with personal details that
don't really pertain to the solution.

////jerry