FreeBSD router two DSL connections

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sun Dec 11 23:28:21 PST 2005

If both DSL lines go to the same ISP it is easy, run
PPP on them and setup multilink PPP.  The ISP has to
do so also.

If they are going to different ISP's then you cannot
do it with any operating system or device save BGP - the idea is
completely -stupid- to put it simply.  If you think different,
then explain why and I'll shoot every networking scenario
you present so full of holes you will think it's swiss cheese.
And if you think your going to run BGP I'll shoot that full
of holes also.

Note that Steven's scenario below is for 2 circuits that
both start at a single entity, and both end at a single entity.

Ted