_still_ looking for FreeBSD dvd ripping software...

user user at dhp.com
Sun Dec 11 15:04:12 PST 2005

In the windows world I used dvd decrypter.  It output .iso files directly,
and it supported removing macrovision (and most importantly) removing
prohibited user actions ( PUA / PUO ).

I cannot find anything like this for FreeBSD.  I asked previously, and was
shown sysutls/dvdbackup.  This program is extremely limited, has no
macrovision or PUA functionality, _and_ does not output ISO files.  I know
I can take its output and re-form it back to an ISO, but I bet it is not
the same as a direct ISO.  And a perfect copy is important to me.

So, does anyone know of any _decent_ way to rip a dvd _directly_ to an ISO
on FreeBSD, and that also supports advanced features like I mention above?

(a linux program that could be run under binary compatibility would be
fine with me ...)