Send emails with attachments from command line

Igor Robul igorr at speechpro.com
Fri Dec 9 07:18:22 PST 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 11:22:32AM +0000, Ashley Moran wrote:
> On Friday 09 December 2005 09:45, Igor Robul wrote:
> > This is because it depends on XPM library. I have removed it manually
> > and metamail works fine on my X11-less server :-)
> > I use both mutt and metamail because metamail can "embed" content, while
> > mutt does "simple" attachment.
>

> Igor
>
> Could you explain how you did this?  Do you have to install metamail, let it
> drag X11 in, then remove everything afterwards, or can you modify the build
> process?  I saw nothing promising in Makefile.
My error, it needs xloadimage and not xpm :-)
You can just temporary remove

RUN_DEPENDS=    xloadimage:${PORTSDIR}/x11/xloadimage \
                mkfontdir:${X_CLIENTS_PORT}
from Makefile, and copy

/usr/X11R6/bin/bdftopcf
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXfont.so.1
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so.9

from your workstation. This is of course may cause some trouble :-) But
I had not any.