Send emails with attachments from command line

Murray Taylor MTaylor at bytecraft.com.au
Thu Dec 8 15:15:59 PST 2005

I send all sorts of reports automagically with

cat filename | uuencode filename | mail -s filename user at example.com

where filename can be a shell variable etc
FWIW some of the reports are perl generated Excel spreadsheets and they
travel just fine to the M$ challenged.

mjt
The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.