about btree...

Julesg julesg at shilohyrc.com
Mon Dec 5 07:03:02 PST 2005

A friend and I needed a DB for our application.  We chose the binary-tree organization and went to work.

During processing the permissions line on the file is all ZERO's (a horizontal line of dashes) and is unchanged after the file is closed (we do a DB-close, not our own close, nor do we simply exit the application.)

But the permissions don't change, and we can't (in a subsequent application,) running another job, open the DB and either read or write the existing DB file.

Our application, DB-wise, is pretty simple.

We'd just like to show a few lines to a real DB programmer (someone with experience using these tools) and learn what the fix is.

--jg